iPhone 6s Plus Owners...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reidmangel, Sep 20, 2017.

1. reidmangel macrumors member

Is your phone still running really stable and quick? I have a 64 GB 6S Plus and it's been slow as **** lately... I can't run more than 5 apps without severe lagging.

Not sure if the fact that I have only 2 GB of storage left has an impact on that?

2. tensiondeadache macrumors regular

Try a factory reset. I had that problem with my 128GB and doing that made it like new again.

3. boygiant macrumors member

boygiant

Mine is working fine on iOS 11. Haven’t noticed any significant slowdowns. I do a full backup in iTunes and a restore every month and it clears up a lot of space each time. I’d try that!

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You never indicated if you updated to iOS 11 or not.

5. reidmangel thread starter macrumors member

Yes I did... and it has been slow before and after the update.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you have not already, I would take the advice from the other forum member and try a factory reset.

7. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

Running out of storage can cause slowness issue. Try to clean up the phone a bit (e.g. back to 10GB free space), and then perform a reboot, wait a for a night to let TRIM + GC to do it's job, then try again to see if the speed back to normal again.

Since you mentioned about "open 5 apps", so I assume it's more capacity related than anything else. But anyway, you can till try if plug in power cable make any difference. If yes, then the battery is dying.