iPhone 6s/Plus ram usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EltonT, Nov 21, 2015.

1. EltonT macrumors member

EltonT

Could anyone with a 6s/plus tell us how much free ram there usually is while idle/browsing/gaming?

You can monitor ram usage by installing iMonitor and enabling its widget in NC.

2. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

I'm looking to upgrade my 6 plus to a 6s plus and want to know if the new models still max out memory all the time..

3. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

4. Skika macrumors 68030

All you need to know is that there is a massive difference between the two in terms of refreshing tabs or reloading apps.

5. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

This.

I had a 6 and it was really annoying when 3 safari tabs would be all it could handle. I'm a fairly light user so couldn't believe it. The constant refreshing didn't help with battery either, especially on 4G.

The 6s is totally different. I can get 7-8 tabs easily plus all my other regular apps and it seems to never refresh for ram purposes.

6. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Attached Files:

7. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

There's much less pressure on memory here's a pic after reboot once you start using apps free memory gets converted to inactive kind of like cached.

Attached Files:

8. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Here's one more pic maybe more typical several hours after restart I've been using phone last twenty minutes browsing Facebook etc while watching football.

Attached Files:

9. cbrand493 macrumors 6502

I think iOS preloads common apps into ram etc over time so they're accessed faster when you open them, leaving very little free.

It's not like OSX or Windows where once an app is closed, the ram is freed up

10. EltonT thread starter macrumors member

EltonT

Thanks John!

11. whadzinaname macrumors regular

12. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

The app is Lirum gives a bunch of good detailed low level info while running. Shows cpu / memory / disk in real time ... needs some fixes new version being worked on but still pretty slick.