iPhone 6S Plus rotates too much

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Randman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Anyone else have this issue? Went from a 6 Plus to a 6S Plus (first was from work). The new phone rotates like crazy. I've had to enable rotation lock on it. I reset all settings and it's still super sensitive to the least bit of motion and goes horizontal but doesn't like to go back to vertical.

I could go to Zoomed view but would prefer not to.

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I think the 6S+ has a lot of trouble deciding which orientation to lock into when the phone is physically horizontal. I haven't had any trouble with the screen orientation when the phone is physically held upright.

3. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Same here - maybe the new M8 being part of the SOC? Kinda like touchiD being "too" fast.

4. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

cant be, i had this issue with the 6+ aswell

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6S+ rotates wayyyyy less than my 6+ did. It's pretty much a non-issue for me now.

6. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Well, maybe the gyro is a bit over-sensitive. If software resets don't fix it you might wanna have the hardware checked, and in the worst case, the phone replaced.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

Load the Compass app and swipe left to open the level. See if it looks correct there.

8. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

This is anecdotal of course, but I think all iOS devices rotate too much then never want to go back vertical. I always have rotation lock enabled on all.

9. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I wouldn't say the phone rotates too much at all, if anything I'd say it's just 'responsive' unlike a lot of other devices with similar features. The only trouble I find is that, when laid flat, the phone tends to favour the landscape mode when I feel it should naturally assume portrait.

10. Sakyant macrumors newbie

Sakyant

My iPhone 7+ drives me crazy with the same thing. Just layiing it down causes it to go into landscape mode and back, and it freezes and wont rotate often. stuff like Instagram causes that