iPhone 6S Plus screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jennnyy, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jennnyy macrumors member

So stupid me cracked my iPhone 6S Plus screen days before I have to return the device to upgrade to the iPhone 7 on Jump on Demand.... It's a small crack, less than 3/4 of an inch in length, however, I'm told they will charge me that $250 cracked screen fee regardless of size.

My question is: can I get the screen replaced at a local shop, and T-Mobile won't know any better/won't care, when I return the device, correct? The store is very highly rated with iPhone repairs and I know I would be getting a quality replacement.

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Went to Apple on Friday as that was the earliest appointment I made a week in advance to get my 6S Plus repaired. It will cost you $149.

The repair took an hour and a half and I was joking with the employees "did you guys lose it?" Lol. But the tech came out eventually and told me some calibration error or something and for $149 I got a brand new 128GB 6S Plus replacement :). Mine was all scuffed up so the waiting was worth it.

I believe the diagnostics pointed out something that was faulty under warranty (my warranty is good till next February). But I needed to get the screen fixed anyway.

Edit: if you're not near an Apple Store you can ship it to them, also Best Buy is listed on Apples site when you make an appointment for in store repair so they should be reputable as well.