iPhone 6s Plus screen unresponsive ~3days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clickart, Oct 18, 2015.

1. clickart macrumors member

i have a 64gb iPhone 6s plus on 9.0.2 and my screen become unresponsive every 2-3 days. I have to do a hard restart by holding the power and home buttons. All the hard keys still responsive but I just can't unlock the phone since its unresponsive. I set up the phone as new and disabled Touch ID. Is this a hardware issue or software?

2. rsnhakan macrumors member

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Are you still within your return period? If not it is still a warranty issue if this is a hardware problem. You set up as new, same as I did. I don't see too many people having problems who set up as new. I'd take it in to see a Genius. The only time I've had any unresponsiveness was on the Facebook App. I've got different problems with FB but nothing else so far.

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Yeah I agree with previous posters. If you are within the return period, or this early into the warranty period, I wouldn't try to trouble shoot. I would just take it to Apple and get it replaced.

5. clickart thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking that this is ios9 issues but hard restart every 2-3 days is kind of ridiculous . No FB app here. It seems like it's happening at random.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Do the iTunes restore and verify it's still having the problem before you go back. Because that's the first thing they're going to ask you if you did when you explain your problem.

7. clickart thread starter macrumors member

Did a restore and still having the same problem. I think this is a common issue on ios9