iPhone 6S Plus Silver. Slightly warm White background. Can their be variability between phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaybar, Oct 4, 2015.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502

jaybar

Hi

I am now on my third 6S plus, due to factory defects. The first, a silver, was returned to the Apple Store. due to a defective Sim and Sim tray.

The second, a gold, died this morning and could not be rebooted. Yet did manage to reboot after three hours.

I am now on my third phone (Silver). I noticed that the white background, as I type this, is slightly warmer. In fact there was some variability between all three phones with regard to "white". There are no dead pixels.

I'm getting tired of returning phones. There is nothing else wrong that I can see so far. Is a slightly warm white, reason to return a phone? Could I be sure the next phone would be better?

Thanks in Advance.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

Yes there are variabilities in screen temperatures. It's always been like that even with iPads.

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

It's like that with absolutely any mass-produced screen. Unless you're buying a pro-grade, factory calibrated display (they cost a LOT), this is perfectly normal. Sometimes, though, the factory color temperature can be quite distracting.