iPhone 6s Plus user with lightning to headphone jack adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shirasaki, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Yep. I buy this adapter and decide to use it on iPhone 6s Plus.
    Can I use it? Yes.
    How it works? Plug it into lightning port and plug headphone in 3.5 jack.

Here are important things.
    Rumours say there is an integrated DAC inside it. I cannot confirm, but I spot no audible difference between headphone jack on iPhone and headphone jack on this adapter while using the same headphone.

Convenient? Of course no. And I again need to recharge and listen to music at the same time. For now, I just remove dongle and job done. Don't know how iPhone 7 user would do if he/she does not want to use wireless. Oh, it is a lot harder to unplug headphone from jack when using adapter.

One interesting tidbit:
    iPhone saves a different volume profile for this dongle along with integrated headphone jack. Proof is the first time I use it, iPhone chooses the max volume, rather than half volume I just adjusted prior purchasing this adapter.

Can I use two pairs of wired headphone at the same time?
    Nope. Once I plug in another wired headphone into integrated headphone jack, this adapter becomes useless. All sound comes out from the one inserted into integrated jack.
    The reason I test this is some MP3 players allow user using two different pair of headphones to listen to the same music at the same time. I think this is similar to dual SIM card but a lot less user would request this feature.

Comments welcome.

2. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It won't work. You'll get a this accessory is incompatible error message.

3. wwohl macrumors regular

There is an integrated 16bit DAC inside, same as in the iPhone

4. ninjaplz macrumors member

5. Shirasaki thread starter macrumors 603

Shirasaki

It works. I don't get any error message.