iPhone 6S Plus volume button clickiness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Erukian, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Erukian macrumors newbie

Can someone else with this phone confirm something or is it just my device?

I've had the leather case on it since day 1, and volume down has always been harder to push than volume up. So I took it out of the case for the first time this morning and noticed the volume down button has a noticeably softer click and is quieter when depressing than volume up. This was not an issue with my 5S at all, all buttons felt/sounded exactly the same.

I'd like to ask you guys if your buttons are different or consistently the same.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Ah, iPhone buttons. All are clicky, cheap-feeling things but a good phone will have solid buttons that have a 'communal consistency' about them. Sadly some, like yourself, will experience issues...be they loose buttons or buttons which give a different feel to one another. My current 6S+ is my first iPhone since the i4 that has solid, consistent feeling buttons across the board. My 6+ and first three 6S+ had loose mute switches but they did have decent volume and power buttons. My iPhone 5 had loose, rattling power/volume/mute buttons.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If it is new return it. If not I am not sure that Apple will agree to give you another device because the two buttons "sound different":rolleyes:

4. reddog66 macrumors newbie

reddog66

I am expirencing the same problem as you with my IPhone 6S Plus. The lower volume button is significantly weaker than the top. Like the "springiness" is not as much there as the top volume. No physical damage done to it at all just stopped working. Please help and tell me what to do about the situation.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Is this a joke???LOL

6. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

Why don't you change mobile body, never ever look temporary solutions. Just replace it with a new one.

7. Luch4iphones macrumors newbie

Luch4iphones

I don't seem to have this problem (rose gold iPhone 6s Plus 64 gb

8. reddog66 macrumors newbie

reddog66

You're not needed here JamesMB.

9. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I'm not the one that can't/won't figure out what to do with a NEW phone that is supposedly broken.