Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
So I see we can now pre-order the iphone 6S and had a question is the pre-orders for the regular non unlocked version or is it for the unlocked version? I can't seem to find the unlocked version's or know if there is one available as of yet. Could anyone here please chime in? I know the unlocked version you need to pay full price for and the upgrade option through you carrier is excluded but on Apple's site there doesn't seem to be an unlocked version for the new 6S or do they come now all come unlocked?

matthewv1227

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Manhattan
So I see we can now pre-order the iphone 6S and had a question is the pre-orders for the regular non unlocked version or is it for the unlocked version? I can't seem to find the unlocked version's or know if there is one available as of yet. Could anyone here please chime in? I know the unlocked version you need to pay full price for and the upgrade option through you carrier is excluded but on Apple's site there doesn't seem to be an unlocked version for the new 6S or do they come now all come unlocked?

This same thing happened last year with the 6, can't really remember anything earlier... The unlocked version wasn't available to preorder, however I do believe that the T-Mobile one is unlocked, don't count on that though. The unlocked version not connected to a carrier I believe came out a few weeks/months later.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Ahh interesting I guess maybe I should hold off until its put on the site then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.