Iphone 6s RAM & Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeyJames, Sep 12, 2015.

1. HeyJames macrumors newbie

HeyJames

During and after Apples's Keynote and announcement they still have not made mention of the RAM of Battery. According to rumors they were supposed to bump the 1GB of RAM to 2GB. The rumors also suggest that the phones are slightly thicker for the possibility of a bigger battery. I just thought it was funny that those two features were completely left out of the keynote. That means we can safely assume that these things have not changed.

If this is true, my question is how much further can they push these phones with just 1GB of RAM ?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Apple never talked about memory in their mobile devices; sure not during keynotes. But I'm pretty sure they put 2GB in with increased photo capabilities, multitasking/split screens.
    And the slightly thicker I believe comes from the 3D touch and the required haptic feedback unit.

3. mateo124 macrumors regular

Apple has never made mention of RAM or battery specs for an iOS device before at a keynote event. They just tout "10 hour battery life" or whatever when talking about the battery.

4. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

I have seen several posts confirming that it has 2GB of ram. Engadgit confirmed the battery of at least the regular sized 6 is smaller.

5. HeyJames thread starter macrumors newbie

HeyJames

I do know it will be thicker because of the 3D touch. As far as the haptic feedback , does this mean key presses will be like galaxy and other android phones ?

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Wasn't there a picture confirm the battery is smaller? The pic showing the haptic feedback device?

7. HeyJames thread starter macrumors newbie

HeyJames

I don't recall the picture confirming anything but it will be interesting once I receive mine if I notice any added heft to the phone.

8. rockitdog macrumors 68020

9. HeyJames thread starter macrumors newbie

HeyJames

I hope not, it will no better than the galaxy phones now. At least they have fast charging.

10. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, definitely a smaller battery. I noticed it during the keynote and made a thread about it. Sucks, but it is what it is

11. MrGuder macrumors 68020

The battery is smaller it is now 1715 mah, it was shown in the video from Apple called, Introducing the 6s and 6s plus.

Watch this video it's at the 2:51 mark you can clearly see the markings in the battery inside 1715 mah watch it in 1080p video resolution and you will see it. The battery is smaller than last year's iPhone because of the space needed for the Taptic Feedback bar.

12. HeyJames thread starter macrumors newbie

HeyJames

Well I would much rather have a thicker phone than a shorter battery life.

13. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

The battery life is the same. Remember there are new conponents.

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It's important to remember Apple prefers to keep secrets as much as possible.

They also have a practice of bragging about anything they can no matter how small. So the answers are easy to determine. They are still using a measly 1GB Ram and battery specs were published as smaller battery than this year. Their Official specs list identical Battery life as last year.

Finally if one remembers that nothing matters like money and profits do to Apple it's very easy to identify what's happening.