Iphone 6s randomly shuts off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Apr 15, 2016.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

About once every 3 weeks or so I go to pick up my phone and it is completely off. Pressing the power button or home button does nothing. Battery fully charged. Basically it has crashed and I have to hold down both buttons to turn it back on. On 9.1.3 happened on the previous version too. Anyone else exp this?

Thanks

2. RickG macrumors regular

my 6s dies on me too- this is by far the most unreliable iPhone I have ever had- somehow I think mine issue is related to temperature - last week is was about 38 degrees and the phone completely died with 35% battery remaining - it turned back on and then died again. I did all the diagnostic care stuff and talked to tech at Apple and did the text message diagnostics and they determined my phone was fine- took to apple store and they said phone was fine - the phone has died on me half a dozen times all in the 35 to 40 degree range while outside and at 40% or lower battery power- I really think the iPhone 5 and 5s where way better as far as reliability and stability goes (rant over)...

3. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

My 6S is doing this (it's done it on 3 separate occasions now). The most recent time, the iPhone just shut off as if the battery had totally depleted. It then showed the 'plug-in to power' screen… I was at home and went to put it on charge. The usual wait-for-a-few-minutes-before-it-starts-up routine was not necessary, as it started up the instant it went onto the lightning connector.
    I then noticed it was showing 18% battery left. (A couple of minutes later, this had dropped to 9%).

Temperature doesn't seem to be a factor here; this was in England and the highest it got today here was 12ºC.

4. szastan macrumors newbie

Wiat iOS version do you have installed? I just had yesterday same thing happened to me, when tried to record a video outside (temperature was about 10 Celsius). For a while turning low power mode helped although after two minutes of recording phone shut down, and was also showing plug in to power screen. Battery was about 50% charged and this was happening on current public beta, 9.3.2.

5. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

I have iOS 9.3.1.

Before, this kind of thing would have been purely an annoyance - but now with my 6S, I'm using it as both a bus ticket (quarterly bus pass for work) and as payment for drinks/food etc. when out & about with Pay - so it becomes a lot more important that my device doesn't just cease unexpectedly.

I do wonder if it might be software, as I've not experienced anything like this since I got the 6S at launch - until now (having recently moved to the latest iOS)…

6. szastan macrumors newbie

Tell me about it, I lost some nice video footage from launching sailing yacht just yesterday, it was very annoying. I think this may be software related, as I experienced this kind of behavior only once in the past, on iOS 9.0.x or 9.1.x, I don't remember exactly, it beginning of November.

7. 617aircav Suspended

Never happened to mine. I've only had it for a month though.

8. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I would get it replaced, honestly. That doesn't sound normal at all.