IPhone 6s Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djinn, Oct 5, 2015.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

So I had to get my iPhone 6s replaced because of a faulty battery. I purchased the phone through the Apple Upgrade program. The weird thing is, they had to do the qualification process again and looks like I have another $87 dollar charge on my credit card.

I am curious if anyone has gone through the replacement process yet. And if this is normal. Seems a little odd that I have to spend another $87 bucks after I just paid it for last week.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

3. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

What exactly happened with your battery?

Mine for some reason burns through batter after reaching 20%. I'm talking about 5% per 5 minutes. And this issue is on both iPhone 6s which puts me in a confusion.

4. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I have excellent battery life. Haven't charged my phone since yesterday still going strong :D

Attached Files:

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

was the $87 an actual charge, or was it just a temporary authorization? they should of emailed you a receipt. maybe it was just a temporary authorization hold and it will just fall off your credit card in a week. i can see them wanting to place a hold for 5 days in case somethings wrong with the repair, you know , like if you failed to return the item

I'm worried they charged you $79 plus tax for the battery

get that receipt and do a charge back, if necessary

6. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

That seems normal for every iPhone I have owned.

7. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

The battery would start dropping a % every 10 - 15 mins from a full charge. My first thought was because of a restore I did from my iPhone 6 so I setup as new. Did the same exact thing. I also thought it was my Apple Watch. So I disabled BT and ran some more tests. Same experience. I ran the battery down and did a full charge like the old days but that didn't resolve the problem. That is when I decided to go to the Apple store.

When I arrived at the Apple store I explained my problem with my IP6s. They were super nice and said they were going to exchange it. I didn't think to ask about the original $87 initial charge. I did see the $109 that was charged and credited back within that day. I figured I would give Citizens One a call today and see what they have to say.

I will do a followup reply with my conversation with Citizens and let everyone know what is going on. In case they travel down this road.