Iphone 6s reset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applejack91, Nov 4, 2016.

1. applejack91 macrumors newbie

Started today but my phone 6s has been constantly resetting to the white screen with the black apple. Did a hard reset and it is still acting up. Currently using 10.0.2 and every time i try to update to 10.1.1 it crashes again mid install. Has this been happening to anyone? Any suggestions? TIA

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try putting it in dfu restore mode.
    If it still won't restore with iTunes bring it to Apple.
    It might be a hardware issue.

3. Flat6turbo macrumors newbie

Yes, there is another thread on this issue going. It started happening to my 6s the past few weeks too.

4. applejack91 thread starter macrumors newbie

even worse now, its stuck on the iTunes restore screen and i cannot get out of it. Every time i try to update it says i can't update i must restore then when i try to restore its saying i can't

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried recovery or DFU mode?

6. applejack91 thread starter macrumors newbie

yep I've tried everything, its stuck on the restore mode with the iTunes logo and the lightning cable.

7. applejack91 thread starter macrumors newbie

just got back from apple and they said no luck and of course its been a month since my warranty ended since this was a purchase on release date. $299 for a new phone on top of the payments i still have from verizon. Any one have any advice for my situation? any last attempts to resurrect my phone?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not much left to do than pay for a replacement or try a 3rd party iPhone repair shop to see if they can fix it cheaper.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's not DFU mode.

You'll know you've put your iDevice in DFU mode properly if the screen is blank. What you describe is the standard iPhone recovery mode.