iPhone 6S+ responsiveness with glass screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by themyst, Sep 27, 2015.

1. themyst macrumors 6502

Does using a glass screen protector affect 3D touch or edge swiping (e.g. app switcher)? I have some spare glass protectors (upgrading from a 6+) so I don't want to have to buy any new ones if I don't have to.

2. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Using Zagg glass on my 6s Plus. Is working fine, I did set sensitivity to light for 3D Touch in settings.

3. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

any other feedback on this?
    i wanna make sure this will not compromise the 3D touch experience in any way..

4. appleforme macrumors member

I'm using a Spigen GLAS.tR Slim Screen Protector and having no issues with 3D touch :)

5. MadManDan, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

MadManDan macrumors member

MadManDan

I have the same screen protector. I am very happy with it! It doesn't interfere with 3D touch, was super easy to install, has oleophobic coating and it is inexpensive ($7) :)

6. hutrebug macrumors regular

I think a plastic screen protector will suffice.

Depending on usage and wear, change to a new one every few months or every year.

Treat them as disposables, like condoms or surgical gloves. ;)

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I use the Spigen glass screen protector on my 6s Plus with no problems at all.

8. roeiz, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

thanks for the good feedback.
    wow, that Spigen Glas is pretty pricey!
    why did most of you here ended up with that one?

that Cinder protector looks outstanding.
    http://www.cupert.com/products/cinder.html
    anyone has it on the new phone?

9. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

The Spigen glass can be bought on Amazon for under $8 on sale. I had one and liked it. It's incredibly smooth and slick. Only issue was a small area that did not adhere to the screen along the lower left edge. Switched over to the Amplim glass (also on Amazon for under $8) and it works better for me. I've used the Amplim glass before and also have it on my wife's iPhone 6. For me, the Amplim has a nicer feeling edge, a little better radius around the perimeter of the glass. Either way they're both good screen protectors and do not effect 3D Touch use in any way.

10. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

i really prefer the ones that really cover the far edges of the screen.
    i don't need the shorter edges as i'll use a really minimalist case.
    so on most glass screens i see they shorten the edges not to interfere with most bulky cases.
    i think i'll consider the Moshi..
    * but WOOOW the price.. 50$ is madness.
    i guess i'll also go for a 10$ option.

11. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

There don't seem to be many glass protectors that can adequately cover the rounded edges of the screen. Anyone with any experience here? I have used the Zagg in the past, but they don't cover the edges, and I have found that they crack and chip a lot and have to be replaced often.

12. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

i wonder if those extra 40$ fix these issues..

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I had zagg HD Glass (Best Buy Exclusive) on my phone, 3D touch worked flawlessly. But I ended up taking off the glass screen protector because I didn't like the feel of it around the home button area. I like it without the glass protector.

14. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I used the Spiegen 'Crystal' hard protector on my 6+ and was very happy with it, so I bought another for my 6S+.

15. Azzin macrumors 68040

I've got a MediaDevil glass protector on my 6S+ and no issues here.

16. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

their MagicScreen one looks nice and cheap.

17. Azzin macrumors 68040

18. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

finding one to fit the screen is a pain. I have a glass one, i forgot who it's with , but i too paid 50 bucks, it sucks, don't waste the cash! i'm still lookingn for one that covers the screen properly.

19. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Many of these posts and ideas are already being discussed in several threads of the Accessories subforum. You may find the answers you seek there.

20. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The screen edges are curved so unless your protector is engineered to perfection it is going to catch dust underneath the edges and look terrible in no time. My protector doesn't cover the curved bits but it does the job. I'd prefer a completely flat screen but we have to work with what we've got.

21. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Well the guy at the store installed mine for me, and he put the left edge RIGHT where the screen meets the bezel resulting in a rainbow effect , it's weird, but it resulted in the other side ( left ) to hang over a bit, driving me insane! I'm sure something will eventually come along

22. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Seems like pressing hard on the middle-left most edge to activate the app switcher would impact a screen protector that attempts to cover that edge?

23. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Using Zagg glass on my 6s Plus. Is working fine, I did set sensitivity to light for 3D Touch in settings.

What part of' "Is working fine", Is unclear?

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Just installed Zagg HD Glass (Best Buy Exclusive Only) on mine and 3D Touch still works flawlessly.

25. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

3D Touch works fine on mine. I have the Belkin invisiglass SP. it's real thin!