Iphone 6s right corner getting extremly hot!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mich070, Jul 12, 2016.

1. mich070 macrumors regular

Hello everbody!

As the title already says,my iphone 6s gets extremly hot on the right side of the phone(exactly where the camera region is). I am not playing any games, I am just surfinb on safari or for example amazon app. Dis sby experience this before? The phone is only 4 months old, and because of this, the battery also drain super fast.. Sby has any recommendation? Or did you go to apple and they swapt the phone for you?

2. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

This happens to my 6s plus when i play 3d games, not in normal use

3. Alexrat1996 Suspended

my phone gets hot also and battery draining fast i will take it to apple

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

5. maroftsdrdhey Suspended

maroftsdrdhey

4 months old is still under warranty thus you can go to Apple Store and let them test your phone. Maybe you can get a new one.

6. Phonefanman Suspended

All that friction builds up heat!!

7. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Friction? You're holding it wrong

8. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

The upper part of your phone is where all the chips are and yes, they generate heat. This happens sometimes in a weak signal area when the phone throws more juice to boost the signal, or if the phone is doing something cpu or graphics intensive. Yes you can be just browsing the web and the phone may be doing something in the background, using another core or your webpage has a dozen ads and Java applets.

9. fanta88 macrumors 6502

I had the exact same problem with my phone. It prompted a system shutdown and excessive battery drain frequently. I'd take it to apple. In my case they suspected it was either the processor or a faulty wifi module, but could not confirm. They just replaced it.

10. Kerooney22, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

Kerooney22 macrumors newbie

Kerooney22

The same thing is happening to an IPhone 6s I have right now... Overheat at the slightest use and the heat seems to be coming directly from the camera. Battery dies really fast too...also I can't use flash in the camera because it says the phone needs to cool down first... This happens even if the phone is not that hot... Did you find a solution?

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Hey, you may want to check to see if your battery is eligible for replacement.

Here's the link:
    https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/