iPhone 6s+'s memory is behaving strangely

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hajime, Jan 20, 2017.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, my iPhone is behaving strangely the past hour. When I was taking the video, a message showed up saying that there is not enough storage for video taking. Under information, I have about 150MB out of 122GB memory left. I deleted LOTS of 4K video and some photos. I ended up 222.7MB. I tried again. It took a video for about 10 seconds. When I tried to take another video, I got the same error message. Any idea what is going on? It seems that my phone did not release storage properly. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I rebooted the phone already but it does not help. Thanks.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you deleted a lot of videos (especially 4K) and photos too and only freed up less than 100 MB of space, something doesn't seem right. Perhaps you didn't empty them from deleted videos/photos folder after deleting them? Or something else weird is going on--maybe you need to restart the device or re-sync it with iTunes or something like that.

3. hajime, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017