Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swarm1424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Thousand oaks,ca
Ok so I am really not sure if this is an huge issue or if anyone else here sees the problem but, If you look at the pictures my iphone 6s has a gap between the screen and aluminum on the top of the phone. You can put your fingernail in it , it is that big of a gap. I don't know if this is a hardware defect or not. I also have some screen issues, Like the edges of the screen along the sides are slightly darker(like little black bars) than the regular part of the screen. It is not a gradual fade either, very sharp from dark to regular brightness. Anyway let me know what you think of the screen issue. I will try and post pics of the screen artifacts later.
IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0022.JPG

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Your phone looks exactly like my phone. I do not see any issues. As far as the black bars I think it is also normal. I've included a pic of which I think you are describing.

iPhone6s-RoseGold-BackFront-HeroFish-PR-PRINT.jpg

Swarm1424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Thousand oaks,ca
Your phone looks exactly like my phone. I do not see any issues. As far as the black bars I think it is also normal. I've included a pic of which I think you are describing.

iPhone6s-RoseGold-BackFront-HeroFish-PR-PRINT.jpg
Yeah, thanks for the reply. No im not talking about the display border, it is like both side left & right get darker toward the edges on the actual display. It makes the screen look rounded because of the shadowing. Anyways I guess it is some what hard to see the gap on the pics but on the bottom of the phone where the home button is, it's perfectly fitted and tight. No gap to speak of and I certainly cannot put my nail into it. Im posting this to see if anyone else here has this issue on either the 6s/6s+ or the 6/6+

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
My 6S also had darker edges. It is really annoying after a while. I sent it in for repair.

ajresendez

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2013
Alabama
Wife's "screen gap" looks just like yours. as far as screen issue goes if say get it looked at. I've sold dozens of iphones and I'm seeing many of them have really bad gray patches or bloches along the edge.

sbharj

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
I noticed this today, mine is at the top of the phone - seems like the screen was 1mm to small for the body. People say its a non issue but when you pay over £700 for a phone from Apple you expect a certain fit and finish which I would say this doesn't meet! It has also started to gather lint and dust.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Um. Every device I've seen looks like that. I buy the space gray though so it's not noticeable. I've seen dust and lint get in my touch ID... It happens. If you're really not liking it, return it. =)

P.S I'd be more concerned with the screen artifice.

WestofYouLB

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
Long Beach, CA
Um. Every device I've seen looks like that. I buy the space gray though so it's not noticeable. I've seen dust and lint get in my touch ID... It happens. If you're really not liking it, return it. =)

My iPhone is brand new. There is no gap whatever I can detect between the screen and the aluminum. I would have taken it back if it had.

Swarm1424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Thousand oaks,ca
go it replaced today, was a big hassle, took an hour. I exchanged it within my 14 day window so I got a brand new unit. The problem is my new unit has obvious light bleed and darker blotches at the top of the screen. WTF, the screen is worse than my first unit which was not that bad. This seems to describe my issue now https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-screen.1921180/ going back to another store tonight to exchange it for another one. 3rd times a charm.

Swarm1424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Thousand oaks,ca
Uh..... Every phone looks like yours.
No issue

Very similar quotes, UUUUMmmm not every device looks like that I can assure you. Like I said the gap was big enough for dust and lint to build up in, moreover both apple employee's said that it must have been a slight deviation in the mounting or manufacturing. Anyways I got another replacement later last night and it is perfect, no screen issues no physical problems. So I am good to go, I expect the products I purchase to be as perfect as possible. It seems quite a few people here have had issues here and there with the screen. I does make sense as there is some new tech added in this year with the 3d touch layer. Either way case closed here, thanks to those who helped out, Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.