iPhone 6s Screen Manufacturing variance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beezy253, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Beezy253, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

Beezy253 macrumors 6502

After having issues with my Maxboost brand Glass Screen Protector not sealing around the edges of the screen properly, I sent and eMail to Maxboost.
    We messaged back and forth, and finally, they asked for my Serial number, which I gave them. (Week 37 unit)

Finally got an email, and Maxboost claims that because of Apple having so many Manufacturing Partners manufacturing the screens, there is now a Variance in Specs.
    They are going to contact Apple to get an official word, before they can start coming up with a fix.

Maxboost also said that only a small percentage of 6s Customers are experiencing issues with their screen protectors not properly adhering to the screens, around the edges. (This could mean that some screens have a curved edge, and some don't?)

Anyone out there have have a 6 & 6s, and can compare the screen edges for me?

2. darrinS macrumors regular

I remember last year reading something very similar with the 6 series. From what I recall, no two screens are exactly identical. The edge to edge screen protectors have difficulties adhering perfectly. I remember some companies having a black border around some of them to compensate for the differences.

3. Beezy253 thread starter macrumors 6502

Intersting.. Maxboost didn't mention anything about customers having issues with the 6.

I'm curious to see what Apples response will be.