iPhone 6's Shipped and Charges Dropped - Free iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

So I preordered a few iPhones on apple.com. I initially saw pending charges for all of them on my credit card. Now that they've all shipped (apple.com still says "preparing for shipment" though), some of those charges dropped. Did I luck out / am I getting free phones? Has this happened to anyone else / will I be charged again later?

2. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

3. davefromca macrumors 6502

Im pretty sure they are testing peoples credit cards making sure they will be able to charge you when the phone ships. So no, unlikely you are getting a free phone unless you have a pistol, hockey mask and getaway driver.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Apple's not gonna let you have those phones for free. Don't worry, I'm sure they're getting ready to zap your card again.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I'm sure you'll be charged, but personally, if I thought they made that kind of mistake, I would be quiet about it. ;)

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Typical to have a hold on the card for pre-order and then when shipped the hold is dropped and the card is actually charged... but there is a lag time between the two. Happens all the time for me at the gas pump :)

7. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

They would also still have the ability to halt shipment if the charge doesn't go through. Still, you never know!