iPhone 6S: Shouldn't Force Touch force the camera in the back to be flush?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jun 26, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Looks like the iPhone 6S will indeed come with Force Touch. If you set your phone on a table and you want to press harder on your iPhone to activate Force Touch, shouldn't the back camera be flush with the body instead of sticking out to prevent the phone from rocking? What are the chances the iPhone 6S comes with a camera that is flush on the back?

2. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Somewhere around here is a rumor that it will be thicker and the camera will be flush. At any rate I agree with you. I didn't mind the camera sticking out this time around and I do use a case, but I think with force touch it would drive people bonkers to not use a case and deal with the slight rocking.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I do not think that Apple will recess the camera just because of forcetouch.

Might be the iPhone 7 before the recess the camera or make the phone thicker. I am all for making the phone a little thicker to increase the structural integrity of the device and maybe add more battery. Do not need more battery but I will take it.

4. GoneDrinkin macrumors regular

With the big emphasis on the camera moving up to 12MP, and the image quality shooting up, I wonder would Apple try and make it flush purely for the sake of publicity, even? The camera bump got a lot of criticism, and it was very ugly, so I'm thinking they may try to resolve that issue since they'll be focusing so much on the camera and using it as a major selling point, along with force touch.

I think a flat back, along with reduced antenna bands more akin to the HTC One, would be an absolute knock-out!

5. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

I really hope this is the case, but knowing Apple, they will keep the design and add something useful to the S line - like sapphire and force touch. Still I want a streamline design. I've come to expect it from Apple. HTC is making better looking phones right now....

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

For all the criticism it got Apple still sold a record number of iPhones so I don't think the average consumer cared as much as the tech press. The same tech press dinging Samsung for plastic phones when most Galaxy owners probably couldn't care less (and would prefer removable battery over non plastic phone).

7. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I think I know how Apple could account for Force Touch without recessing the camera:

iPhone 6 Dummy Cameras.jpg

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Ah, four times as many chances to get my stupid finger in the photo! :rolleyes: