iPhone 6s shutdown with >50% battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sta1210, Jul 15, 2016.

1. sta1210 macrumors member

Greetings,

I frequently run with my iPhone 6s as well as Apple Watch, using iSmoothRun as my GPS tracker and for the most part this works great however there are a few situations where my iPhone simply seems to crash/freeze and is unable to be restarted for some time. I believe that the freeze/crash happens if I attempt and stop to take a picture (but not always). What is frustrating about this issue is not that the run is interrupted (which I admit is very frustrating) but the phone becomes completely unusable. It will appear to be without power but can be forced to reset only to not get past the login screen before shutting off again. However, when returning home if I plug it into a power source, it immediately will read greater than 50% and works perfectly well.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I have been attempting to make the Apple ecosystem work for my commuting and trail running but perhaps I would be better off with a dedicated GPS watch - such as a Garmin or other model (of course then missing out on the added features of the Apple Watch).

Many thanks

2. Apple Fan123 macrumors newbie

Apple Fan123

3. doangiaphat macrumors newbie

I recommend to the nearest service center to test them in order to have the best treatment for you

4. itsray macrumors 6502

restore, set up as new. if it still does that... genius bar.

5. sta1210 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for the comments, I thought I would try to back up my iPhone to my iTunes account - I receive this odd message that it has been backed up to another account? I believe that it lists my wife's iTunes account? Is there a way to get around this and force a backup?