iPhone 6S "slow" (lol) read/write speeds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamborghini392, Nov 2, 2015.

1. lamborghini392, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

lamborghini392 macrumors member

After hearing the new iPhones have NVMe flash storage I decided to run passmark storage test to see what my read and write speeds are. Now the average write speed for the 6S is ~300MB/s and the read speeds are around 1700MB/s with a passmark score of about 75k. My iPhone 6S (16GB version if it matters) only scores 40MB/s write and 700MB/s read for a score of 40k with no apps running or installing in the background. Did they cut back the baseline 16GB version or something? I mean relatively speaking these scores are trash and am wondering if I have a defective device. Obviously compared to other phones this still blows them out of the water...

EDIT: Yeah nvm.. apparently the 16GB is quite a bit slower than the 64GB and the 128GB is even faster than that. 60MB/s and 900MB/s seem to be about right for 16GB version. My phone is still worse than that though. That brings up the question of whether I should exchange my 16GB for a 64GB. Still under the 14 day return but not sure if it's worth the extra $4 a month. I'd assume not... not sure still.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Go for it if price is not the deciding factor. You'll thank me later.:D

3. lamborghini392 thread starter macrumors member

Do you think the extra storage and faster speeds are worth $100 and the possibility of receiving a samsung chip :D?