Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I was at practice for a sport at my school and I set my iPhone down with my stuff. After practice was over, I went to get my phone, and someone stepped directly on to it, and just walked away without saying a word. Some dirt got onto it, and it still works. I took it out of the case, and it doesn't look bent, but if I put it on a flat surface, one corner and the middle of it are very very slightly raised. I can't post any pictures because i currently don't have a device to take one, but when I get the chance, I will. This event however kinda made me care less about my phone though. I've been using it without the case now, and doing things I wouldn't normally do like put it in to my sweaty pockets, so it kind of helped me get over my obsession with it in a way.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Can't do a darn thing but live with it, or use your (If you have it) AppleCare + and get another refurbished one. Hide the slight bend with a case

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I was at practice for a sport at my school and I set my iPhone down with my stuff. After practice was over, I went to get my phone, and someone stepped directly on to it

This is not the first time you have posted that your phone was stepped on.

The last time, people here advised you to not put your iPhone near the ground where someone could step on it. You didn't listen to that advice and take responsibility for safeguarding your phone. It is a fact of this world that other people are going to be careless and make mistakes (like stepping on your stuff). You can't control what other people do, but you can keep your items in a safe place.

You are fortunate that your iPhone still works. Take this as a lesson and treat your devices more carefully. These phones are not cheap at $649+.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Sorry, kind of hard to have sympathy when this is the second time. Perhaps it's time to invest in a Lifeproof or Otterbox case (yes I know, the companies merged) and actually listen to the advice given: don't leave it where it can be stepped on.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
This is not the first time you have posted that your phone was stepped on.

The last time, people here advised you to not put your iPhone near the ground where someone could step on it. You didn't listen to that advice and take responsibility for safeguarding your phone. It is a fact of this world that other people are going to be careless and make mistakes (like stepping on your stuff). You can't control what other people do, but you can keep your items in a safe place.

You are fortunate that your iPhone still works. Take this as a lesson and treat your devices more carefully. These phones are not cheap at $649+.
Sorry, kind of hard to have sympathy when this is the second time. Perhaps it's time to invest in a Lifeproof or Otterbox case (yes I know, the companies merged) and actually listen to the advice given: don't leave it where it can be stepped on.
The area we were practicing at had no where to put my phone where no one could step on it. I put it next to everybody else's phones as well on the ground.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.