iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6s Stolen question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by audioz, Aug 8, 2019.

1. audioz macrumors newbie

I’m in the uk and had my iPhone stolen in a street mugging, I didn’t have “find my iPhone” set unfortunately but did have a passcode (4 digit ) , is there any way I can remotely remove details of my photos and passwords at all. I’m worried in case someone attaches the phone to the computer and access details which come up like photos. Will this happen if the thief connects it to another computer that it isn’t familiar with?. Is it possible to remove this phone somehow and clear personal details etc. I’m guessing if they try to restore it to factory settings it may connect to find my phone by default. Any advice as apples advice doesn’t seem to offer anything unless you have Find my iPhone installed.

I have accessed iCloud on my iPad but it is asking for my 6 digit secondary password and I’m worried in case I type it in and it shows up on the phone itself . if the thief tries to get into it a certain amount of times will it prevent them using it . The phones gone but a lot of information such as photos family have sent are on it and passwords such as my bank account are set with fingerprint recognition. This is so worrying .

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Remote wipe you can only do if you had Find My iPhone set up unfortunately. I dont think they will be able to connect it to a PC anyway as whilst they could plug in and it will charge they would need to open the phone with your Pin and click the Trust this PC link i believe for it to actually start communicating with the PC.

In the grand scheme of things though they probably wont be that fussed about whats on the PC, more likely they will just look to flog it for a quick money.

3. audioz thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I disassociate the iPhone from my account on this iPad by accessing iCloud in settings it’s asking for my dual password which I of course know but I’m worried in case doing that unlocks the phone?, I have blocked the SIM card in it already .
    --- Post Merged, Aug 8, 2019 ---

When I connected it to the MacBook I have it automatically loaded up photos before accessing iTunes , are you saying it isn’t possible to do this on another computer?, it will ask for the passcode before loading up the photos ?.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It would only have permission to download the photos to your computer and not a strangers.

Blocking the SIM card is about the best you can do.

5. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Not 100% sure on that, i think because the phone is set up to your account for it to be wiped it would need your password entering into it to remove it at that end. Someone will say for certain about whether removing it from your account means its then useable. That said i think it can only be wiped and used as a new phone they wouldnt be able to access it to get your stuff.

You've set it to trust that PC previously so doesnt ask you again. When its plugged into a new PC it will ask on the phone to be trusted and that can only be done if the pin code has been entered and the phone is unlocked.

6. audioz thread starter macrumors newbie

7. DarkSorrow82 macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

There are cheap paid programs where they can remove your pin code anyways. I’d be worried about that.

8. tonybarnaby macrumors 68000

You sure about that?

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I do not think these paid programs are available and for sure not cheap! Maybe if you are with the FBI.