iPhone 6S & T-mobile (miami) improved LTE band??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scariaga, Sep 9, 2015.

1. scariaga macrumors regular

So I've been having issues with my iPhone 5S and T-mobile for the past 6 months (dropped calls, data connectivity). I'm about to purchase the iPhone 6S and I'm debating on switching back to AT&T to get better service. Problem is that AT&T is still quite a bit more expensive (about $40 more) so if I could I'd rather stay with T-mobile. One of the things that the T-mobile customer service person said was that the atennas will be much better with the 6S for LTE service. I also looked online and saw that there is a known issue with T-mobile and iPhone 6 access to LTE band 12 and that they should address it with the latest release. Does anyone have any more info on this? Is it worth sticking with T-mobile to see if the 6S has better service with T-mobile? and more info is much appreciated. thanks!

Sebastian

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

The iPhone 6 was not capable of accessing LTE band 12, but the iPhone 6s is. There is a map of the band 12 coverage that includes Miami, so it might be worth sticking with T-Mobile and testing their service, since band 12 improves coverage, especially inside buildings.

3. scariaga thread starter macrumors regular

Great! much appreciated Andres

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'd try the 6s with them and if it doesn't improve then return it and switch to AT&T.

5. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

No problem! Not worth switching to AT&T if all you need to fix your problem is a new iPhone!

6. scariaga thread starter macrumors regular

Just looked at the map and it looks like there's a tower about 5 blocks away from where I live. Should be even better for me right?

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I'm no expert, but that sounds like the ideal location for cell phone service :)

8. nox5 macrumors 6502

Net10 h2o cricket use att network and are cheaper than T-Mobile

9. randian macrumors 6502a

So is MetroPCS, and it's not throttled like Cricket. Does the Band 12 deployment extend up to Palm Beach, or only in Miami proper?