iPhone 6S touchscreen not respond at first tap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kvlq, Dec 6, 2015.

1. kvlq macrumors member

Yesterday, i received the iPhone 6S 16GB with TSMC chip and im a little bit confused because of the touchscreen. Randomly, it doesn't respond when i first tap on a button, especially on the edges (123/ABC button from the keyboard - left bottom, 0 key-right bottom, send button-right top) etc.. But not only on the edges. It needs double or triple tap sometimes(not all the time) to react (im sure it doesn't freeze, only not respond, like i dont tap).

I mention that i set it up as a new iphone, and tried to reset all settings, put reachability off etc.

Is that a hardware problem or is it iOS related (it came with 9.1)? Or maybe its because i had Android before and im not used to it?

Please help. I really dont want to use the warranty because it only has 1 day from unboxing it.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Can you post a video? the 6s should essentially react immediately, except in mid-animation.

3. kvlq thread starter macrumors member

i will try but its hard to bring that moment. I mean not every time its laggy at first tap, but sometimes. And not only on the edges. It doesnt react at the first tap, it needs sometimes 2 or 3 taps to react.

It has only 5 days (set up as new) and ios 9.2.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Sounds defective to me. Why the reluctance to take it back?

C

5. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Take it back. You shouldn't have to use the warranty if you return it really soon after purchase