iPhone 6S touchscreen not respond at first tap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kvlq, Dec 6, 2015.

1. kvlq macrumors member

Dec 6, 2015
    Yesterday, i received the iPhone 6S 16GB with TSMC chip and im a little bit confused because of the touchscreen. Randomly, it doesn't respond when i first tap on a button, especially on the edges (123/ABC button from the keyboard - left bottom, 0 key-right bottom, send button-right top) etc.. But not only on the edges. It needs double or triple tap sometimes(not all the time) to react (im sure it doesn't freeze, only not respond, like i dont tap).

I mention that i set it up as a new iphone, and tried to reset all settings, put reachability off etc.

Is that a hardware problem or is it iOS related (it came with 9.1)? Or maybe its because i had Android before and im not used to it?

Please help. I really dont want to use the warranty because it only has 1 day from unboxing it.
  2. I7guy macrumors G5

Nov 30, 2013
    Looking at Central Park@550 feet
    Can you post a video? the 6s should essentially react immediately, except in mid-animation.
  3. kvlq thread starter macrumors member

Dec 6, 2015
    i will try but its hard to bring that moment. I mean not every time its laggy at first tap, but sometimes. And not only on the edges. It doesnt react at the first tap, it needs sometimes 2 or 3 taps to react.

It has only 5 days (set up as new) and ios 9.2.
  4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Nov 25, 2009
    Edmonton, AB
    Sounds defective to me. Why the reluctance to take it back?

5. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Dec 8, 2015
    Take it back. You shouldn't have to use the warranty if you return it really soon after purchase