iPhone 6s+ unresponsive on wake

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mkvelidadon, Oct 15, 2015.

1. mkvelidadon macrumors newbie

After unlocking my phone, the screen is unresponsive for a few seconds. No touch is registered, and pressing on the home button is also ignored. After a few seconds have passed, I can use my phone as normal. I noticed this when I first used my iPhone, and have been experiencing it every time I unlock my phone after at least 5 minutes of standby.

I have reset my iPhone by holding the power button and home button, and that was of no help.

2. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

When I first got my iPhone 6S plus I think it was doing that the first couple of days I had it. I was almost going to make a post about it, asking if Siri needed morning coffee to get started or something. I've NOT noticed this happening to me any time in the last week. Even when I thought I was noticing it, the freeze was so short I wasn't sure what I was experiencing. The funny thing is I have a PET film screen protector and it definitely hasn't been misbehaving since I applied the screen protector. That's probably coincidence though.

3. mkvelidadon thread starter macrumors newbie

4. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I've not had to do that fortunately. I use Hey Siri a lot.

5. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi!

I have the same exact problem with my 6 Plus NOT 6S Plus. It's weird. I keep tapping the home button, no response. :( Anyone else?

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Does your screen eventually unfreeze?

I'm thinking this is an iOS problem of some sort.

7. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Yeah. Most likely it does eventually unfreeze. Buts it's so slow for an 1 year old phone. My 5S on iOS it was faster then this. Event the Touch ID.

8. Erukian macrumors newbie

Same issue here. iPhone 6S+ 128gb, it's happened to me half a dozen times, and it's frustrating since it's my work phone I may go 1+ hour without anyone being able to call me until I "discover" the device is frozen in a sleep state.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Did this start with iOS 9? I still have my "old" iPhone 6 Plus running on the last version of iOS 8. It's doing okay. I'm tempted to update it to iOS 9 but I'm using it as backup in case my 6S Plus fails me.

My husband's new 6S Plus has started doing that thing where it won't wake up and needs to be rebooted. I love my new iPhone but this is the first time I've felt the need to keep my old one on standby just in case, because of the various problems that seem to be cropping up unexpectedly and randomly either because there's something wonky with the hardware or the software and we don't quite have it figured out which it is, yet.

We were supposed to return our iPhone 6 pluses on AT&T Next but there is some confusion about our account we need to get straightened out. It appears our iPhones were paid off in full. We need to call and get that sorted. Meanwhile I'm glad we have them. I'm keeping mine on iOS 8.

10. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Yeah with iOS 9,, DONT UPGRADE TO IOS 9, it will save you a lot of trouble.