Carrier iPhone 6s Verizon (Assurion) charge issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NitromanseR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. NitromanseR macrumors newbie

NitromanseR

Hi all,

Last year (when iPhone 6 came out) I signed up with Verizon. I got 4 new lines (2 iPhone 6 - 16GB, 1 iPhone 6 - 64GB and 1 iPhone 6 Plus - 16GB). I added insurance to all of them which was $10/month/device.

I upgraded the iPhone 6 - 64GB to iPhone 6s - 64GB and one of the iPhone 6 - 16GB to iPhone 6s - 16GB, both of them at full retail price.

I got my bill yesterday and I see that they have increased my insurance for $10 to $11 for the iPhone 6s - 64GB.

Why is that? $1 is not really the problem but why did this happened to only 1 of my 2 upgraded lines? So, next year it will be $12 and so on and so forth?

I contacted Verizon and they told me that they don't know why there is an extra charge and that I have to call Assurion.

2. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I think they've increases the price by $1 for total coverage. And the step below is $9. You probably signed up before the increase took place previously.

3. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

The reason why it it $10 / $11 is because you have insurance + unlimited asurion tech support.

Being on here, I doubt you would need to call them for tech support, so just drop all of your insurance plans down the the $9 TEC (Total Equipment Coverage). That will still give you insurance and the extended warranty, just without the unlimited Asurion Tech Support.