Carrier iPhone 6s Verizon (Assurion) charge issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NitromanseR, Oct 2, 2015.

1. NitromanseR macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hi all,

Last year (when iPhone 6 came out) I signed up with Verizon. I got 4 new lines (2 iPhone 6 - 16GB, 1 iPhone 6 - 64GB and 1 iPhone 6 Plus - 16GB). I added insurance to all of them which was $10/month/device.

I upgraded the iPhone 6 - 64GB to iPhone 6s - 64GB and one of the iPhone 6 - 16GB to iPhone 6s - 16GB, both of them at full retail price.

I got my bill yesterday and I see that they have increased my insurance for $10 to $11 for the iPhone 6s - 64GB.

Why is that? $1 is not really the problem but why did this happened to only 1 of my 2 upgraded lines? So, next year it will be $12 and so on and so forth?

I contacted Verizon and they told me that they don't know why there is an extra charge and that I have to call Assurion.
  2. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

Oct 20, 2013
    I think they've increases the price by $1 for total coverage. And the step below is $9. You probably signed up before the increase took place previously.
  3. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

Mar 25, 2009
    Northern VA
    The reason why it it $10 / $11 is because you have insurance + unlimited asurion tech support.

Being on here, I doubt you would need to call them for tech support, so just drop all of your insurance plans down the the $9 TEC (Total Equipment Coverage). That will still give you insurance and the extended warranty, just without the unlimited Asurion Tech Support.