Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AfroCreame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I've been torn between which model to get so I've narrowed the deciding factor down to the camera. Obviously the OIS on the Plus will give it a slight advantage over the 6s, but if there isn't a dramatic difference I would go with the smaller iphone. Anyway, all of the online/youtube reviews I've seen only compare the new models against the old ones or competing android devices. This is the first review I've watched that directly compares the 6s and 6s plus camera. Skip to the 9:00 minute unless you want to watch the whole review.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Crap video! I can't concentrate on all the different shots to make a comparison. There doesn't look to be much in it though.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Instead of the camera, why won't you base your decision on the biggest and most obvious difference between the two - the size?

AfroCreame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Instead of the camera, why won't you base your decision on the biggest and most obvious difference between the two - the size?

I like the bigger screen and battery of the plus but at the same time I like the smaller size and the one handed use of the 6s so size is a wash for me.

ProphetX

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
I've been torn between which model to get so I've narrowed the deciding factor down to the camera. Obviously the OIS on the Plus will give it a slight advantage over the 6s, but if there isn't a dramatic difference I would go with the smaller iphone. Anyway, all of the online/youtube reviews I've seen only compare the new models against the old ones or competing android devices. This is the first review I've watched that directly compares the 6s and 6s plus camera. Skip to the 9:00 minute unless you want to watch the whole review.

Im in the same boat. I ordered a 6s Plus 64gb wht/slvr on 10/1 and the CSR on the phone accidentally sent me a 6s (after i repeatedly asked to confirm she had ordered the correct phone) So on 10/2 I called in and cursed some people at Att out. And ended ordering ANOTHER 6s Plus on one of my other lines. Im supposed to send the 6s back for a refund, BUT my 6s Plus is still stuck in “Preparing for shipment” with a date range of October 30, 2015 - November 6, 2015.

So now, the 6s just arrived. Now im considering keeping it and canceling the 6s Plus. Im curious to know the differences between the two. Do you have any links to any good benchmark videos?

AfroCreame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Im in the same boat. I ordered a 6s Plus 64gb wht/slvr on 10/1 and the CSR on the phone accidentally sent me a 6s (after i repeatedly asked to confirm she had ordered the correct phone) So on 10/2 I called in and cursed some people at Att out. And ended ordering ANOTHER 6s Plus on one of my other lines. Im supposed to send the 6s back for a refund, BUT my 6s Plus is still stuck in “Preparing for shipment” with a date range of October 30, 2015 - November 6, 2015.

So now, the 6s just arrived. Now im considering keeping it and canceling the 6s Plus. Im curious to know the differences between the two. Do you have any links to any good benchmark videos?

I have a 6s and picked up a plus yesterday. Just from playing around with them I can't really tell much of a difference until the lights go dim. I took some pictures of my fence last night with a street light as the only lighting source. The 6s looked good, but on the photo taken by the plus you could make out the individual boards. I might post some samples later this evening as the difference is quite dramatic, at least in low light photos.

Reactions: QuarterSwede
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.