iPhone 6s water resistance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aditya_S, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

Jan 25, 2016
    I'm very conscious about water near my 6s, but I'm wondering if even need to be. I don't even use my phone with sweaty hands, or even after they are slightly moist after washing my hands and drying them. I know you should definitely shouldn't get water in the Lightning port or headphone jack, but what other places is it not ok to get it on? I want to know so I don't freak out every time there is a drop of water in my phone.
  2. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 25, 2016
  3. 617aircav Suspended

Jul 2, 2012
    Drop of water is not going to damage your phone. Obviously you want to avoid water anywhere in your phone.
  4. Prof Farnsworth macrumors member

Prof Farnsworth

Feb 25, 2016
    Alberta Canada
    If you're really worried about water, try picking up a Lifeproof case. I have one on my iPad mini. Not sure if I'd drop it underwater or anything, but I have used it outside in the rain and in all kinds of different snow falls without any problems. My son has spilt water and other liquids on it as well.

I've found the cases at best buy if you don't want to order online.

And it's been a great Case on all fronts. My son, 6 has been playing with it since he was or 3. The kid is probably more of a threat then the water and the case has held up.