Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanWW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I've had my iPhone 6s since the start of June.

The wifi has never worked correctly at home.
Now I want to point out before anyone asks how it works at other wifi zones that my iPhone 5 (which is basically bust) always did and still even to this day always connects flawlessly to my home network, as does my MacBook Pro.

They are both older devices however my router i have only had my February so that should be no issue.

And to question how my phone works at other spots.
Well i don't get access to too many wifi spots and the one at work doesn't work very consistently anyway so it would be difficult to judge if it is ok with that wifi spot anyway.

Also I'm bothered about my home connection, nor else where.

Is it possible my phone has a technical fault? Or could there be some router settings I need to edit?
Thanks guys

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
regarding "never worked correctly", is it:

-slow?
-connects and drops?
-doesn't connect at all?
-"forgets" network?
-other?

RyanWW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
regarding "never worked correctly", is it:

-slow?
-connects and drops?
-doesn't connect at all?
-"forgets" network?
-other?

It will connect sometimes, but other times not. However at some point it will disconnect, it doesn't forget the network. It's very erratic, sometimes it connects and works fine for about 10 minutes and then I go to refresh a page or load a video and notice that it isn't working despite still being connected to wifi network.

So I have to switch it off and use data. Which I cannot keep doing and this is using my allowance up far too early in the month.

It isn't actually slow when it is connected, it's just the actual connection that falters.

Rarely ever does it work with my network. 90% of the time I have to resort to data.

As I said. My basically wrecked 5 still outperforms and never disconnects unless the actual router has an issue.

Is this possibly a hardware problem with the actual phone rather than something software related for a change?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.