iPhone 6s with inactive sim occassionally turns on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Nov 13, 2015.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Hello guys, I have an issue that I'm not sure if it's caused by hardware, the case, or the sim card.

I bought a 6s t-mobile unlocked that I use for testing apps.

Since my 6s is in a lifeproof fre case, and I occasionally restore the phone, I leave the inactive sim card in there so I wouldn't have to take it off the case when I need to activate it again.

However, every day, it would occasionally turn itself on from standby mode. Basically, it's as if the power button/home button was pressed and it turns on, then turns off to go back in standby mode like normal.

But I never touched it. I would see this happening when the phone is next to me and I'm on my computer, I see it magically turning on by itself from standby.

1. Could it by the inactive sim, causing the phone to constantly search for a signal?
    2. Could it be the lifeproof case maybe being too tight, causing it to occasionally bump the power button?
    3. Could it likely by a hardware issue?

Has anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

It might be the case, the only way to be sure is to take it off. May I ask why you are using a case, let alone a lifeproof, on a phone you just use for testing? Just curious :p

3. ielessar macrumors regular

Same thing happens to my 6S. I'm using the Apple Leather case. But I must say my phone is jailbroken.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

I second this. Is it plugged in?