iPhone 6S with Invisible Shield Glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lexus, Sep 24, 2015.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Im a fan of the invisible shield glass screen protectors. Does anyone know if it will work with the 6S and 3D touch?

Really don't want to go back to plastic protectors.

Thanks

2. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

4. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

It's .4mm thick. No one will know for sure until trying it but I would bet it will. Not a big difference.

5. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

6. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

If you want a screen protector that is basically invisible, go with an edge to edge screen protector such as the Cinder screen protector, or new Imos version (they have it down to .4 mm now). They look great--like you aren't wearing anything :)

7. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You might want to mention (or put in your thread title) that you're specifically enquiring about the Zagg Invisible Shield glass protectors. Your thread is a bit vague.

Also, there are 4 different products: http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/shop-by-device/iphone-6s-accessories/
    (for some reason the direct link isn't working, but copy+paste does)

9. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Ok. Just got my 6S and used one of my Zagg glass screen protectors I had laying around for my old 6. I can confirm that yes. Force touch does work with this.

10. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I got a Zagg Glass protector from the Verizon store today and it works perfect with the 6s and 3D Touch.

11. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

I got a zagg hd glass glass shield on my 6s plus and 3D Touch works well.

12. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I'm using the privacy glass protector, it does make multitasking gesture a bit trickier, other than that it's perfect. And somehow the privacy protector does not reduce the display quality as much as it did on 6 plus.

13. ag21 macrumors newbie

Bought a few of the cheap ones on eBay in bulk. Already saved me yesterday with a corner crack on a drop onto concrete. In looking for a replacement, I'm after one(s) that is/are more fingerprint "proof". The ones off eBay are awesome when they're 2 for $4 or $5, but they attract fingerprints a bit too much for my blood. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

14. jiholl macrumors member

I bought the Belkin Invissiglass one that they sell in the Apple Store for my new 6s. The apple employee put it on for me...it works perfectly...the 3D touch works fine...no issue at all.

15. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I've used the Zagg protectors for years. I used the glass protectors on my iPhone 6 plus. I had to replace it about 5 times over the past year due to cracks in the glass and chipped edges. This did not occur due to drops or mistreatment of the phone.

By the way, I spoke to someone at the Zagg kiosk and they said the current glass protectors work fine with the new 6s models. But I am hoping that Zagg comes out with a thinner, more durable glass protecter.

I am also looking for another type of protector for my 6s plus. Something that is thinner than 0.4mm and perhaps is curved to accommodate the curved iPhone screen. Still searching......

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Some current popular glass protectors:
    • Daswise
    • Godosmith's Ice Max 3D (2015)
    • Cinder by Rupert

17. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The cinder looks incredible. It also seems you can effectively change the color of your front screen. I've. It used protectors for a while but I'm tempted. I'd be even more tempted had I gone silver this year.

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Most of the front screen would be covered, by the cutouts for camera/sensors and home button would still show through:
    image.png
    I agree though; it does look nice.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's a good point I didn't think about (home button I did). This make me feel a little better. I've been wanting a silver phone with black glass (without voiding warranty) for the last few years. Now I can just tell myself "it wouldn't be the same" lol.