iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xano, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Xano macrumors member

Jun 10, 2011
    Dear Apple,

Next year keep it simple ...

2. tee-tz macrumors member

Apr 28, 2009
    Solely my opinion, but...

Sales numbers indicate lots of people have and will upgrade to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. And while the 6 alone initially felt awkward (still does), people already have and will get used to it. So reverting to a smaller screen size will undoubtedly be a 'downgrade'. Apps and web sites are already being reimagined to take advantage of additional screen real estate, so is there any point to bringing back a 4" screen? Sure I loved it; there are times when I miss it, but isn't it a thing of the past now?

Also, in terms of keeping it "simple", how simple does "iPhone 6 Plus S" sound? Getting to be a bit like Mercedes-Benzes strange naming convention.
  3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

Jun 12, 2012
    I would love the 4" phone to come back, but I think it is gone for good. Maybe they can do more to make the 4.7" feel smaller...like the 2013 moto x. Less top bezel could help a lot.

The 6 felt large at first, but the swipe for back really helps. They will probably keep the base at 16. That extra money people pay for a larger capacity has huge margins. It is still hard to obtain anything other than the 16gb models in store.
  4. pk7 macrumors 6502

Sep 27, 2011
    I feel like they might put the "S" before the "Plus." iPhone 6S Plus. It may seem like a mouthful because it's 5 syllables, but keep in mind that Apple has released an "iPhone 3GS," also 5 syllables.

I feel like Apple's naming convention pattern can almost never be guessed.

As for Mercedes-Benz's (I'm a huge fan of the brand) naming convention, it's not that terrible. Each letter signifies a different "class" of automobiles, and the number conveys the kind of engine that it has (if somewhat loosely). They're actually simplifying some of the naming conventions this coming year, but for a longtime fan such as myself, the changes are kind of bizarre.