iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by draksa333, Apr 23, 2018.

1. draksa333 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    So I bought a brand new iPhone 6S so I need some beginners advice to get started. Can you tell me what should I do for the first time. Should I plug the phone in power socket and leave a phone for a couple of hours and not to turn the phone on?
    What is the procedure for the first time?
    Thans a lot!

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

No real procedure as far as battery goes. Use it and/or charge it as you see fit.

3. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

The phone will turn On as soon as you plug in the charger.
    Then start setting up with your info.

I recommend you look up battery saving tips online.

That’s it.

4. draksa333 thread starter macrumors newbie

So should I first plug the charger or use it immediately out of the box?

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

It doesn’t matter what you do. There’s no step by step procedure. Just plug it in when you want, otherwise you can use it out of the box. No issues.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You Can use the iPhone right out of the box, and you don’t need to fully charge when you use it for the first time.

Here is some additional information on Apples lithium ion batteries and charging:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/

7. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

No special procedure. I just plugged mine in and started with the start up process. The 6s is a very nice phone. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!:)

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

If it has enough battery for you to make use of before you would normally want to charge it, then just use it, if not, then you might want to plug it in so that it doesn't run out of battery while you are using it.

9. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

You don’t ha to plug it in but, you can while setting it up. Which ever is more convenient for you.
    Plus I imagine you’ll use up the battery pretty fast on the first day, since you’ll be using the phone a lot.

10. draksa333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I can use it out of the box if it has enough battery. My only concern was about treating the batery cause on internet you could find lots of advices which tells lot sort of different informations (some people are telling that phone needs to be fully recharched before using it for the first time and someone tells that that is not the case because it has modern lithium batteries).

11. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Yeah, with today's mobile phone li-ion batteries there really aren't any particular rules that are needed. There are some suggestions as far as maximizing battery life, but even those aren't really something that's a necessity. Generally what's at https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/ gives a fairly good overview.

12. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Most are misinformation actually.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

You're getting battery info that applies to older battery chemistries like nicd and nimh. Lithium batteries don't need to be conditioned or broken in the same way.

14. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I usually start mine up out of the box then set it up. I then charge it up after I restore it. Never had any battery issues.

15. NorthSeaBeach macrumors 6502

I just got a new battery (through Applestore) for my used 6s. Use it untill it’s just under 10% and than charge it to 100% in one go. After that keep it above 10% as much as possible.

16. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

The optimal battery usage should be between 20-80% but with lithium ion batteries you can just do whatever you feel like. There’s no draining and charging cycle as such. Everything is done by the OS these days. Users don’t need to do anything.

17. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

It’s amazing how much bad info there is on lithium ion batteries.

18. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

You’d think it’d be obvious in a technology rich world but clearly people have been fed crap all over the internet.

19. draksa333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats why I asked the question because ther is lot of disinformation out there. Some people, when they get the new phone, first drain the battery untill phone shuts down itself and then charge it again and some charge it for couple of hours without using It .Does Apple has the "official" info on that :D