iPhone 7+ 256 or iPhone 8+ 64

grandM

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
I'm in doubt. There's a deal on the iPhone 7+ which make it cost about the same as the 8+. The 8+ is 50 euro more expensive.

On the 7+ you get 256 storage, while on the 8+ you're at 64. I won't be buying the 256 GB 8+ due to financial reasons. The 7+ doesn't have the glas back which in my opinion is a plus as it breaks less easy. The 8+ however has the new gadgets including the 25% louder speakers. Which make me wonder if the 7+ doesn't sound loud enough? I also saw some sites claiming receivers of a phone call couldn't hear the caller on the 7+. The 8+ of course is one year longer supported now than the 7+.

Your insights as iPhone users is more than welcome!

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm in doubt. There's a deal on the iPhone 7+ which make it cost about the same as the 8+. The 8+ is 50 euro more expensive.

On the 7+ you get 256 storage, while on the 8+ you're at 64. I won't be buying the 256 GB 8+ due to financial reasons. The 7+ doesn't have the glas back which in my opinion is a plus as it breaks less easy. The 8+ however has the new gadgets including the 25% louder speakers. Which make me wonder if the 7+ doesn't sound loud enough? I also saw some sites claiming receivers of a phone call couldn't hear the caller on the 7+. The 8+ of course is one year longer supported now than the 7+.

I would ask yourself if you would need that much storage for the iPhone 7 Plus. Ultimately, if you are someone that has a lot of photos and media, then you might want the larger storage with the 7 Plus. Both phones are fairly similar, with the advantages of the wireless charging, camera upgrades, Tru-Tone display, etc to the iPhone 8.

The iPhone 7 Plus stereo speakers are excellent and I personally never experienced any issues with, which Apple improved them by 25% for increased volume for the 8.

Reactions: avtella

grandM

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
I would ask yourself if you would need that much storage for the iPhone 7 Plus. Ultimately, if you are someone that has a lot of photos and media, then you might want the larger storage with the 7 Plus. Both phones are fairly similar, with the advantages of the wireless charging, camera upgrades, Tru-Tone display, etc to the iPhone 8.

The iPhone 7 Plus stereo speakers are excellent and I personally never experienced any issues with, which Apple improved them by 25% for increased volume for the 8.
So the 7 plus speakers are loud enough for handsfree calling, watching series, etc? Do receivers of your calls whine they can't hear you?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
So the 7 plus speakers are loud enough for handsfree calling, watching series, etc? Do receivers of your calls whine they can't hear you?
The stereo speakers on the iPhone 7 Plus are excellent. I can leave my iPhone stationary and hear someone clear across the room for a speaker phone call.

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I’ve owned both and I still prefer the 8 by a wide margin. The speed of the 8 is amazing when gaming or professing media. The 8’s night time camera is so much better than the 7. Also, my 7 was fast but the area around the camera would feel like 100C after 10 mins of gaming. The 8 does get warm but not as hot and not as concentrated in one spot.

You can buy used 7+ 128 for around $600. With tax my eight was $848 but it’s only the 64gb version.

I haven’t noticed the lack of storage. Even the 4K videos I’ve shot don’t fill up the phone. It’s probably the new codec they using so that will save you space too.

Get the 8.

Seriously, get the 8.

256Gb is a waste of money unless you’ll be making a featured film on your iPhone or don’t have WiFi/LTE and you need to carry all your iTunes collection (including your *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys collection)
[doublepost=1509051699][/doublepost]I forgot. The stereo speakers in the 8+ are not only a lot louder but they are also a lot clearer. The 7+ sounds too weak and too crappy next to the 8+

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Why don't you get the 7 + 128gb for less money and have plenty of storage. It will also come with iOS 10 which is better right now until 11 gets updated and fixed. Our 7 + speakers are plenty loud and have no issues on calls.

grandM

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Why don't you get the 7 + 128gb for less money and have plenty of storage. It will also come with iOS 10 which is better right now until 11 gets updated and fixed. Our 7 + speakers are plenty loud and have no issues on calls.
There's a deal on the iPhone 7+ 256 gb
it costs less than the 128

Last edited: