Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Ok, no one can answer this question for now, but do you think Apple will break the 30fps limitation on 4K videos on the upcoming iPhone?

sickicw

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
I believe that 4K 60fps would be a great feature.

They were 2-3 years late to 4K 30fps. If they want growth to stop declining, then need to be first at video.

I expect apple to include at least 1440p at 60fps for the iphone 7. If not, I will not be upgrading my iphone this year and will probably switch over to a Samsung Note 6 for my next upgrade.
[doublepost=1463503023][/doublepost]... Also they could include HEVC encoding to reduce the file size. Also, it would be nice if they included 1440p 60fps and 4K 60fps support on the ipad pro with IOS 10.

sickicw

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
I already find 1080 @ 60 fps prohibitive when I want to text or email a video.

What?

First of all, you never email a video. That is not what email if for.

There is no problem texting a 1080p video. Apple's imessage might compress the video (not sure about this), but there should be no issue with this. Also, you can transfer across your carrier's messages.

If you want to transfer a high res video to another user with no chance of compression, just use airdrop.

Also, there are many other ways to send high resolution video like drop box.

Reactions: geoff5093 and Azzin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.