Carrier iPhone 7/7+ EE ( UK ) Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dazlicous, Sep 9, 2016.

1. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

anyone got any info on there pre-orders from EE

I got the email this morning saying thank you for your order at 08:15 for a 128GB ip7+ in jet black

2. jon8214 macrumors regular

i ordered silver 32Gb 7 at 0820 and got told id get it release day. i also got my email at about 1 this afternoon

3. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Got my emails just before midday. Staff adamant I will get launch day delivery.

Was an in-store order.

What was very interesting is that everything was geared towards launch day being a certainty. The rep's system asked if I wanted to collect on Friday or Saturday. The paperwork had only "Friday" and "Saturday" as selectable options. I even had to sign the form saying that I had to pick it up by Saturday or I would forfeit my pre-order! Surreal.

I was explaining that there was no reasonable chance of them getting Jet Black Pluses on Friday with this unprecedented sell-out/shortage. They strongly disagreed.

4. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I suspect they have allocated stock for launch and then know what they are expecting thereafter.

After struggling to get a reservation to pick up in store and purchase via the Apple Upgrade Programme I eventually placed an order via EE to get a Jet Black 7 Plus 128gb as an upgrade from a sim only tariff. When I factor in the AUP monthly cost and monthly sim cost it probably works out a little cheaper on a monthly basis anyway. Both were £49 upfront for the model (and tariff) I chose.

Last couple of iPhones I have purchased outright partly so it's unlocked for resale value but if I want to upgrade next year the phone gets returned either way so it doesn't really matter.

Anyway my order said delivers within 2 weeks.

Interested to know delivery timescales others have for same model......

5. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

At the time of my email the EE site said within 2 weeks, but again they insisted it would be launch day. It now says 3 weeks online for that model. Still way better than "November".

EE is pretty good with unlocking. £8.99 to unlock it after 6 months.

6. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I doubt I'll need it unlocked! Firstly I am bound to want to upgrade next year and secondly am not keen on continuing to pay £65 a month in the 2nd year for a year old, out of date iPhone.

I took out a plan that allows you to change for a new phone after 12 months.

Also I once got a phone on launch day from EE store by paying a £20 deposit in advance - I too as skeptical but it was there!

7. JD2015 macrumors 6502

8. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Was it? Lol

9. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Anyone had the money taken out of the bank yet or at least a hold applied

10. jon8214 macrumors regular

I've just checked and have a hold on my account for the 6.98 delivery charge

11. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Did you order online

Gonna ring them up ordered online and got the email confirming it but no hold on my bank

12. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

To clarify - is the email people are talking about just a very barebones one with the subject "Thank you for your pre-order"?

13. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

I am meaning this email

Attached Files:

14. MatthewBB91 macrumors newbie

MatthewBB91

Anyone have an update on their EE upgrade or order? Last thing I heard from them was the confirmation on Friday Morning...

15. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Nope just that email above that everyone got

16. cinek2 macrumors regular

called them up to order as I was on a sim only plan. Website says 2 weeks they said it should be launch day. I guess I have to wait and see....

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I hear EE are doing upgrade every 12 months in their new contracts. Game changer for many that

18. Stupotpot macrumors 6502

Stupotpot

I've upgraded from a sim only deal last night (I've a JB 7Plus 128Gb ordered with Apple but deliver 4oct. I'll cancel once EE confirms) but I've not had an email confirming it. I rang them and they said it shouldn't be much longer, but I'm nervous....!

19. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

When's the Phone from EE said to arrive?

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Weird how 128GB is 21 days but 256GB is 14

21. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Well I'm sure the 128 is more popular?

22. woozor1 macrumors regular

Well I didn't even get an email I called them up and they took my email address down wrong lol. But I was told when I ordered just before 9am that should be delivered on 16th

I ordered a jet black 128gb 7 plus and a rose gold 32gb 7 plus.

Glad about the new upgrade plan also I'm on the max one with 40gb and free upgrade next year :)

23. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

Yes it is. You pay for the privilege of course but compared to the Apple Upgrade Programme the costs are similar.

If I get a 7 Plus 128gb via the Apple Upgrade Programme it will be £44.45/mo plus sim contract costs which I would likely spend £20 per month. Plus £49 upfront cost.

Via EE I can upgrade (as an existing sim only contract customer) to a 7 plus 128gb for £49.99 upfront cost and £65.99 per month (with 15gb superfast 4GEE, 6 months free Apple Music and the option to return the phone after 12 months and take out a new contract for the same value or more).

AUP includes AppleCare which would be nice as only £25 for a screen replacement and £79 for any other damage but I have mobile insurance via my bank so I don't have a great need for this.

That said Apple UP is £49 plus 20 monthly payments whereas EE will be 24 monthly rentals - if you keep 2 years.

I was not going to go back to a contract ever again but it's looking like I will .........if EE deliver my Jet Black before Apple.

24. woozor1 macrumors regular

Myne was £62 a month 40gb data free Apple Music and £49.99 for the 128gb jet black plus

25. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I've thought about the EE contract but £149 upfront cost is quite abit but imagine next year upgrading it would be lower