Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
London
Hi all, I received my Jet Black iPhone 7 today and I wanted to start a thread for Jet Black users to discuss and document their usage and post photos of their devices - to document the extent of scratchgate.

For me, I haven't had any problems yet - but I have resorted to placing the phone only on soft surfaces.

Please share your experiences.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
London
You know I thought I would comment on this thread after a week of ownership of a jet black iPhone 7.

I spent the first two days being really careful with the phone putting it on surfaces that were either leather or soft in some way - due to all the scaremongering.

Then after a few days I gave up doing this. I've got absolutely no scratches and I don't really know what all the fuss is about. The jet black is a beautiful phone.

immx

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
I've had mine since 08:10 on 16th Sept.
So far (touch wood) no scratched or marks at all.

It is kept in an Apple Leather case and so far all seems well

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I'm rocking my naked at the moment. I only have micro scratches that could only be seen under direct light and different angles. Other than that, my phone doesn't have any visible scratches. Looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.