IPhone 7/7 Plus Jet Black Slippery??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macness, Sep 17, 2016.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

To anyone who has gotten a jet black iPhone 7/7plus: How is the grip compared to the 6 and 6s???? Those phones were super slippery

2. woozor1 macrumors regular

I held one today instore and its less slippery than all the normal apple finishes on the iphones.

3. tich macrumors member

tich

Word on the street is that it's much grippier than 6/6S. More like the 3G/3GS in terms of grippiness.

4. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    That's really reassuring, the only way that I would consider this is if Apple pull the finger out and slow is uk customers to get one on the iPhone upgrade programme that seems perpetually out of stock nationwide!

5. Doc69 macrumors 6502

I played around with a jet black iPhone 7 in the Apple store the other day, and I was extremely surprised of how good the grip was. It's night and day from the other colors. I've had every version of the iPhone and I never used a case. This was totally fine until the arrival of iPhone 6. Those are very slippery without a case and almost impossible not to drop at some point (I've had to change a cracked display twice!). However, the jet black 7 does not suffer from this problem. It's not slippery at all, quiet similar to the 3GS. This is great news for those of us who like to "go naked". Thanks Apple!

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Really the only iPhone model that isn't slippery.

7. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Will never understand how Apple produced 3 entire lines of iPhone (6/6S/Most of 7) that compared favorably in the grip department to a wet bar of soap. Donald Trump believes that Apple did this on purpose to sell lots more phone to people who drop and break theirs. But then again, he believes a lot of dumb things.

8. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

I find it just as slippery as the 7 plus matte black. Ive had both. I live in AZ where its very dry. With dry skin the grip just isn't there.

9. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

It's true. Dry is key. When not totally a dry environment, though, the JB is much grippier.

10. ipulsecases Suspended

ipulsecases

Go get a clear case from Speck or Caseology , trust me , your don't want use it without case

11. BigDO macrumors 6502a

BigDO

12. BigDO macrumors 6502a

BigDO

I actually do. Cases are terrible.

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

For some of us ladies and girls who put our phones in purses, cases are a must if we want to avoid scratches.

14. BigDO macrumors 6502a

BigDO

I'd much rather have scratches than use a case which disfigures the aesthetics of the phone as well as the ergonomics. It's a device with a finite lifespan, and one in daily use. A couple of scratches don't make any difference unless you're one of the individuals who seem to shine bright lights on their phones and examine them for smallest imperfections, in which case some scratches are the least of your problems.

This is a cliche but it bears repeating - phone cases are like laminated sofas and clingwrapped remote controls.

15. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I find cases enhance the ergonomics. I'd be dropping my phones all the time, otherwise. I also use wallet cases sometimes, which is very convenient. I do see my phone without a case from time to time. I don't think the iPhone 7 Plus without a case looks all that great. To me it's like seeing a hermit crab out of its shell. My IPhone SE, on the other hand, is gorgeous and easy to hold, so I do use that one without a case quite often. I don't remember using a case at all for my iPhone 4. I think I had one but took it off. I guess it's situational for me and in the eye of the beholder.