iPhone 7/7+ vs later gen. camera shootout!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stereo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Stereo macrumors member

Hey guys, I know there's a lot of talk about the iPhone 7 camera being the same or worst than later gen. models (6/6s).

So, I thought it'd be interesting to post some comparison shots for those who are curious.

If anyone have some they'd like to share, please do so!

Attached Files:

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Great idea for a thread but, IMO, you need to just out the original files up for comparison. Cropping and splicing photos together is just going to throw additional variables into the mix.

That said, these look about the same to me. What's your assessment?

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Look like the same to me. If you removed the labels, no way I could tell what each was.

4. Stereo thread starter macrumors member

I'm doing all the processing via my iPhone and yes I did have to down size the file to fit the required attachment size. Once I get home, I'll have access to my laptop and will upload some full size comparison.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That's fair. I wasn't trying to imply you were altering anything intentionally. Was just saying it would be helpful to have just the original pics as taken by the phone :)

6. Stereo, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

Stereo thread starter macrumors member

Low light, first photo is iPhone 6, 2nd iPhone 7. Picture was taking right around sunset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    iPhone 6 first, 2nd iPhone 7. The 6 seems to be better at focusing at up close, the 7 seems to just fail to focus at the same distance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    Here's where you see the slight advantage of the iPhone 7 1.8f aperture, it makes the image "Pop". Note, the photos have not been adjusted in any way. They're straight from the camera with HDR turned off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]