iPhone 7/7plus Jet Black in Clear Case [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by smagdy, Sep 18, 2016.

1. smagdy macrumors regular

Please post pictures and experiences with clear cases on Jet Black!

- Brand?
    - Does it make it looks cheap?
    - Make it looks bulky?

Thanks

2. laurenbanjo macrumors member

Mine hasn't come yet so I'm definitely interested in seeing some pictures. I hope the cases don't take away its beauty.

3. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I ordered the Ringke Fusion case for my Jet Black 7 Plus (which has yet to arrive), but does anyone have any strong opinions on what the best clear case is for the Jet Black 7 or 7 Plus (preferably with high quality pics of it)? Thanks!

4. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

5. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Thanks for the pro tip, but I did. I've yet to find any good photos of the JB iPhone 7 or 7 Plus in a clear case... here, Google Images, Youtube,... just for whatever reason there isn't much of that out there at this point.

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

No prob. It's out there. Luv, Pro

7. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

I have the matte black and I got this. I didn't like the matte black and debated on going with a silver phone but when I got this I-blason case, I've decided to keep my matte black. This case makes the phone sleek. She's a beauty. The sample picture doesn't do it justice.

Attached Files:

8. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Lol, /hugz... it's out there in the same sense that peace, love and harmony are out there. Existing, but intangible. I shall continue my search. ;-)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Nice case! Wish the manufacturer had a pic with a JB phone.

9. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Others are having issues with jet black in clear cases. They are calling it 'bubbling'. Basically the case is sticking to the slippery jet black phone. Photos shared look awful. Some manufacturers suggest thoroughly cleaning the phone before install. Lol. Doesn't work apparently.

10. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I have that issue. Thoroughly cleaning the phone doesn't do anything. What has helped is a build up of dust between the case and the phone, but it obviously gives me a whole new ugly issue of dust being very visibly sandwiched between a shiny phone and a crystal clear case.

I'm waiting on a leather case to arrive. I somewhat regret buying the jet black because I bet the matte black would look great in my clear case. My wife's rose gold looks great in a clear case, and gold iPhone 6 looked great in a clear case too.

11. phobos512, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

I have a couple different clear cases at home including one that has stippling in order for it to not do the sticking to the back like a bad screen protector appearance. I'll try and take some pics when I get there; within an hour or so.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    Here you go...The stippling is only evident if you get really up close with the case off the phone. The stippling is not however on the edges so it could still do a little if that sticky look just along the edges. It's a very exact fitting case though which I like. Might keep this on instead of the Apple Leather case.

And the pics were taken with a 6 without flash.

Attached Files:

12. salino28351 macrumors member

Can anyone link me to thin cases that are .35mm-.4mm that are clear. All the cases I find all have a white frost to them. How am i supposed to show off the jet black finish with a frosted case?

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I think the frost was there ESPECIALLY for the jet black. Due to the glossy finish, it will stick to the gloss on any (non flossed) rubber and plastic, resulting in a wet/bubbly effect.

I am using one with a dotted finish on the back. But the sides/edges (regular TPU) are showing the "bubbles".

14. salino28351 macrumors member

Wow that's great to know cause I was wondering why my clear case I have no had a bunch of dots on the back of it and yes the sides do stick!

15. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I found this out the hard way. Ordered a cheap TPU thin case from China over eBay. It didn't have any frost on it. It looks horrible as it's stuck to the jet back finish. The very poor cutting (where the ports are) didn't help either.

16. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

So I have been looking for a clear case that doesn't bubble - Have you found any that doesn't have the wet sticky bubble effect ???

17. alexwei macrumors regular

18. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

My son has this case for his 6 plus he loves it

19. gsingham macrumors 6502

looks like just putting on that cover would scratch the jet-black corners

20. LRXSE7EN macrumors member

There was a spigen case specifically for jet black I wanted to get it but I believe they're unavailable now until further notice :

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Cryst...-1&keywords=iphone+7+plus+liquid+crystal+case

This color isn't it, it's called "space crystal". it has a dot pattern inside the case so it doesn't smudge or create air bubbles when you put it inside, goes perfect with a jet black, but as I said, unavailable until further notice :(

21. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I think I've given up on my quest for a good clear case for now ---just ordered my favorite case for my iPhone 5, 6 plus and 6s plus

The Cm4 q case

22. mons00n1 macrumors newbie

mons00n1

23. exchguy macrumors regular

I ended up getting the Speck Presidio Clear for JB 7+ however the fit is too tight and requires extreme force to get the case on and off. It is also Matte so prevents the gloss of the JB being shown. Bad if you want to clean regularly. I will be returning it to BB. The Otterbox Symmetry clear is out of stock until Nov, but reviews says it is also Matte. I have pre-ordered the Spigen Liquid Crystal as others mentioned, but it is out of stock for a couple more weeks. I also thought about trying the Tech21 Clear. I dont think there is a silver bullet clear case for the JB yet unless you just go no case and go with a skin.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    Spigen site says shipping on 10/14. I put in an order, will see if it actually delivers. I am wondering if anyone has this case that can post pics..