Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twintrbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
We are not able to activate our iPhone 7 as when we are promoted to enter the billing zip code and last 4 of SSN we get an error that says they are not able to verify our details. The information we are entering is correct and we have verified that with Verizon. Both Verizon and apple are not sure what the issue is and they have opened a ticket, but are wondering if anyone has had this issue previously and knows the fix?

Uploading a screenshot of the error.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    625.9 KB · Views: 872

thekjs88

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I've posted this in another thread but I've this problem last year and this year.

Last year I resolved the problem by returning my phone from Apple and buying directly from Verizon.

Before I did that though, I wrote Tim Cook an email. After I got returned the phone, I got a call from Executive Support saying the engineers had found a fix but I didn't need it anymore so I don't remember what it was. Something about putting zeroes in.

Apple is supposed to be getting back to me today.

Twintrbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks you. Please keep me posted. I am also awaiting a call from them today to fix. I will share if i hear anything.

Twintrbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
I've posted this in another thread but I've this problem last year and this year.

Last year I resolved the problem by returning my phone from Apple and buying directly from Verizon.

Before I did that though, I wrote Tim Cook an email. After I got returned the phone, I got a call from Executive Support saying the engineers had found a fix but I didn't need it anymore so I don't remember what it was. Something about putting zeroes in.

Apple is supposed to be getting back to me today.

I have solved the issue- ended up being an old zip code from a house my wife lived in 10 years ago before she even had Verizon. Very odd... but I heard others have had the same issue. I would recommend putting in any zip code including employers, homes etc. you have ever been associated with.

I hope this helps!

thekjs88

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I have solved the issue- ended up being an old zip code from a house my wife lived in 10 years ago before she even had Verizon. Very odd... but I heard others have had the same issue. I would recommend putting in any zip code including employers, homes etc. you have ever been associated with.

I hope this helps!

Glad you got yours working! I tried every zip I could think of with no luck.

Just tried 00000 and 0000 and it finally worked! It didn't work yesterday so I'm guessing someone was working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.