Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Damn, there are talented people out there. Apple should offer him a job and pay him what he asks.

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/iphone-7-jailbreak
Doesn't mean a thing to us if it's not publicly released.

PS. Apple has hired plenty of JB devs over the years. I get your appreciation but once they start working for Apple how much time do you think they spend developing jailbreak tweaks?

Also, given Apple's track record of implementing their own version of JB tweaks, hiring these guys doesn't really pay off very well for us jailbreakers.

Can you really compare stock Quick Reply to BiteSMS? Nightmode to f.lux? If that's the best that results from employing JB devs or copying their work I really don't see how hiring them works out for all of us.

Nah, I'd rather see the dev focus on a public jailbreak.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have no interest whatsoever in jailbreaking my own devices, but I have a strong interest in them being more secure.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
What a show off, why even bother showing everyone something he doesn't plan to release?

Reactions: ag29

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
Good for him, he will be able to find a high paying job easily with those skills. But no good for any of us.

Reactions: eyoungren

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Has Luca Tosser ever released a public jailbreak?

He seems like someone that is only after one think and that's 'look at me, I'm the big smart guy' and he will only go to apple with it.

Last edited:

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Nope, never. Maybe he will try to sell the exploits to the Pangu guys

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nope, never. Maybe he will try to sell the exploits to the Pangu guys

Thought so. I wish someone would but I also hope they wait until apple updates the camera on the 7plus. I'm bored with my 7 but I'm also getting a 7 plus in a week(I'm waiting for jet black:rolleyes:)

Customising is a plus to me but definitely secondary to function but I know which of my phones I'm using day to day.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Has Luca Tosser ever released a public jailbreak?

He seems like someone that is only after one think and that's 'look at me, I'm the bid smart guy' and he will only go to apple with it.

He contributed to Pangu's iOS 9 jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.