Auto iPhone 7 and carplay issue

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by dahauss, Apr 10, 2017.

1. dahauss macrumors regular

Anyone know how to fix this? When I am using my carplay receiver with the lightening cable connected and try to use a non carplay app such as Waze or magic earth pro, every time the audio from the app starts playing, whatever I was listening to on the radio, such as XM or the tuner, that audio stops and doesn't restart after the app is done playing audio. I also cannot get the Bluetooth on the receiver to play Bluetooth audio from the apps like my old parrt Bluetooth setup did.

Any help would be appreciated... I'm using a JVC v820bt unit.

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

CarPlay doesn't use Bluetooth. Everything is done over the cable. Once you connect the device to the car, Bluetooth is deactivated.

3. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

But even when not connect to carplay Bluetooth audio doesn't work. Also how do I get non carplay apps to have sound from car stereo without disrupting other things playing. On my old system that didn't have carplay it would lower whatever is playing. Now it just stops it and never starts back. I was trying to use a different gps app and listen to XM. When the app started talking, XM stopped and never started back.