iPhone 7 And Gloves

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmilo, Dec 29, 2016.

1. itsmilo macrumors 68000

itsmilo

I bought special touch friendly gloves a while ago to use my iPhone while wearing gloves cuz it is freaking COLD outside.

Unfortunately i cant seem to unlock / bring up the passcode screen without removing the glove from one hand first. This is super annoying and COLD.

Is there no way to bring up the passcode without having to use the "home button" i tried swiping or tapping or something on the widget screen but that doesnt work either. Is there a way i havent thought of? Its really annoying and COLD. I keep going back to my iPhone 6 (i carry both) while outside cuz its COLD

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

I know this feeling. But my passcode screen does show up after a couple failed "registering of finger" attempts. Entering the code is another mess. Maybe I have cheapo gloves?

3. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Just press the home button and the password screen pops up. Works fine with my touch screen friendly gloves.

4. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68000

itsmilo

I think i just found a cumbersome workaround.

Swipe to the widget screen
    Tap on a widget like the photos widget
    The passcode screen pops up
    Once there swipe from the bottom left to bring up the app switcher and move to the home screen

Anyone, if theres a quicker way to do it. Please still let me know on here :) thx!

Doesnt work as there is nothing to press

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This is the exact method that I used when I had an iPhone 7 in my armband case which covered the home button. Another option is to use Assistive touch: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202658

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If I press my home button with gloves on my passcode screen come up allowing me to use my passcode.

7. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 68000

itsmilo

Weird. Must depend on the gloves then. Doesnt work with mine or a friends

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep must be the gloves. If I try to push the home button covering my finger with my shirt tale . . . nothing, I do not even get any haptic feedback. Wonder why my gloves work?