iPhone 7(+) iPhone 7 battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeypom, Mar 5, 2018.

1. joeypom macrumors newbie

Is anybody else having issues with the battery on an iPhone 7? My phone is at 15% at 2:30 from unplugging it at 7am. I use my phone regularly but nothing outrageous. This is a recent battery issue.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Check in settings/battery to see what app is using the most %. If it’s not apparent what app it is you may need to restore as new using iTunes to see if it straighten things out. If battery returns to normal you can restore from a backup to see if the problem returns. If it does you may need to start removing apps to see which one is causing your problem

3. lynchdavidh macrumors member

lynchdavidh

Could be a lot of different things, depending on the apps you are using and how your settings are configured. I agree with BugeyeSTI, you should take a look at Settings -> Battery and see if anything in particular is draining your battery the most. But before restoring, I recommend taking a look at these iPhone battery tips.

4. joeypom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I looked at my battery setting and messages is using a majority of my battery at 26%, but messages isn’t really a battery intensive application. I might just back up my phone and restore it and see if that solves the problem.