iPhone 7 Battery Life and Heat

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mapatton82, Oct 3, 2016.

1. mapatton82 macrumors newbie

I ordered a iPhone 7 32gb from T-Mobile and have noticed that the battery life compared to my iPhone 6s has been very poor. The phone will not last a day just in standby mode. Also when i watch videos (primary Youtube) the phone gets very warm and the battery drains fast.

I thought the iPhone 7 was supposed to have improved battery life. Is anyone else having these issues or do I have a defective phone?

2. robbyrob4 macrumors newbie

robbyrob4

I am having the same issue. Just wrote about it. You are not alone. Same iPhone 7 from T-Mobile 32gb.

3. Rina11 macrumors member

Rina11

4. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

Not on my phone even when I exhaust it down to 10% and recharge again for phone calls. Average weather here is 85+ and humid.

5. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

It could be a faulty phone yes.
    Before messing around restoring it and setting up as a new phone etc to try and fix the problem try this simple test ..
    Make a note of the battery percentage (as long as it's not 100%) then switch it off for 5 hours, then check if it has drained. If it drains almost 10% switched off you have faulty hardware in your phone and you need to get it replaced.
    If it doesn't drain while it's switched off try a dfu restore and set it up as a new phone not from a backup
    Cheers

6. Kevin.Richards macrumors member

Kevin.Richards

I had a faulty hardware so I changed and upgraded to iPhone 7s

7. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

I assume you meant plus.,
    Did they let you pay the difference then?
    I wasn't sure if they would allow this but the thought crossed my mind when I took my faulty 7 in.

8. Kevin.Richards macrumors member

Kevin.Richards

Yes, sorry I have been reading so much 6s lately on this forum. I refused to take 7 and I needed urgently so I paid the difference amount.