iPhone 7(+) iphone 7 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mariemic1365, May 25, 2019.

1. mariemic1365 macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded from an iphone SE to an iphone 7. It was advertised as brand new and it looks to be new but the battery it terrible! It only lasts about 7 hours if I listen to podcasts or use the internet. It also overheats when I charge it with a car charger. This is a little longer than my iphone SE which only lasted about 5 hours until I needed to charge it. Is this normal and are the newer iphones any better?

2. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

The normal size iPhones have always gotten pretty poor battery life. The overheating part is concerning, but a lot of car chargers are horrible products.

3. cbreze macrumors 6502a

cbreze

I also have an iPhone 7 and agree the battery can drop fast when doing certain things. I listen to a podcast in the morning for maybe 15 to 20 minutes and see a several percent drop. Also, I have a chatty friend that can keep me on the phone for an hour and the battery really drops a lot.(15 to 25% at least) So those two things I've noticed. On the other hand my Pixel phone does not suffer from those types of drains at all and usage is very similar. I'm no power user so it does get me through the day but certainly not impressed with battery life. It has never felt like it ever got very warm tho, so happy about that.

4. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

X and newer have much better battery life. XR/Max especially. Wait for 11, should have better battery life.

By the way, iPhone 7 had good battery life on iOS 10. But it is not even close on iOS 12.