Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple One

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
Hey all, need some recommendations on a really good screen protector. I have previously bought 2 and wasted money on it. Looking for anything around $50-$70.

First one I bought was the Cyngnett 3D Glass which was white and my phone is black. The box did not indicate what colour it was also when trying to apply it shattered due to not much force at all. - Fail

Second one is the Belkin Invisiglass, it's a very good but I find a problem that on each side it doesn't cover the entire screen it has a little gap which is not protected. - Wondering if the Belkin Invisiglass ULTRA is also like this? Anyone have it?

Also if anyone knows or have experienced good screen protectors please recommend me some. - Please no cheap ones and must have a reputable name.

Thanks.

Russtopher

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I have found the cheap ones are every bit as good as the much more expensive versions. Go to the Dollar Tree store (seriously) and grab a few for $1.00 each. Yes, I am using the $ store tempered glass screen protectors myself now. And I recently got two of them for my girlfriends I-Phone, for $4.99 on Amazon. I just put hers on yesterday. There is no need to spend big bucks on these things. Many of them are the same item in different packaging. I've got my I Phone in an Otterbox Commuter case with a tempered glass screen protector and it's nearly bulletproof.

Long ago, I worked in the vitamin and supplement production industry. Those cheap generic store brand vitamins came off the same production line as your MUCH more expensive "Nature Made" and other big name vitamins. They are the identical item, under a different label.

Give the MUCH cheaper tempered glass screen protector a shot. I think you be quite pleased with it. And at that price, grab an extra or two.

RB

xav8tor

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2011
Wondering if the Belkin Invisiglass ULTRA is also like this? Anyone have it?

Also if anyone knows or have experienced good screen protectors please recommend me some. - Please no cheap ones and must have a reputable name.

Thanks.

I have the Ultra, and no it doesn't cover edge to edge either. Belkin is investigating whether they can come up with something better. There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum with tons of opinions, etc. I'd start at the end and work my way backwards until I found the info I wanted. In fact, that's exactly what I did.

Russtopher

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I have the Ultra, and no it doesn't cover edge to edge either. Belkin is investigating whether they can come up with something better. There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum with tons of opinions, etc. I'd start at the end and work my way backwards until I found the info I wanted. In fact, that's exactly what I did.

Do you need it to go edge to edge? Especially if it's going to be in a phone case?

xav8tor

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2011
Do you need it to go edge to edge? Especially if it's going to be in a phone case?

Yes and no.

Yes, because the Ultra doesn't even cover the entire lighted part of the screen. This causes a distracting rainbow effect along the long edges. Also, the unprotected area between the end of the screen protector and the edge of any case, is, well, unprotected, and, it's a dust trap.

No, because many cases are a tight fit these days and there are reports of certain cases not fitting after installing an E2E protector. Some also cause adhesion issues. Apparently, the iPhone 7 screen begins to curve even before the lit edges end. This is what is causing the problems, at least according to Belkin.

Last edited:

Apple One

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
Belkin products are really good I must say just a let down that it doesn't cover the lighted screen by half a cm on each side. Does anyone else know of a screen protector that is very good like Belkin?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.